Discrete Story Analysis
Where is the Discrete Story Analysis Useful?
- Sales Reporting - better understand drivers of your KPIs
- Data Discovery - quickly identify and understand outliers
- Audit - identify trends not easily observable in the visual
- Geographical - instantly uncover complex utilization insights
- Relationships - identify and call out key relationships between sales & profit
Example of Discrete Story:
Discrete Story Requirements
Narratives for Tableau has support for the following scenarios of discrete analysis:
- Single dimension with between one and 10 measures
- Two dimensions and one measure
The example below is a single dimension and single measure bar chart:
The example below is a single dimension bar chart with two measures:
The example below is a bar chart with two dimensions and a single measure:
To learn more about each insight in detail, watch our Discrete Story Type video.
If you'd like to see all available narrative types, download our Tableau Workbook With All Story Types.