Prior to installation, you must place the following files on the machine you intend to install the Quill API.
- 1) Tarball containing the installer; NS will provide this prior to installation
- 2) Trusted SSL certificate in either .crt or .pem format (Tableau requires this SSL certificate to be issued by a central Certificate Authority - i.e. no self-signed certs)
- 3) Trusted SSL private key
In addition, prior to installation, you must obtain the following information
- 4) viz_url: Domain name of the machine where Quill Extension is installed
- 5) license_key: NS will provide this prior to installation
- 6) license_secret_key: NS will provide this prior to installation
- 7) license_id: NS will provide this prior to installation
- 8) ssl_cert_path: Absolute file path (as opposed to relative file path) to the SSL certificate on the Quill Extension machine
- 9) ssl_key_path: Absolute file path (as opposed to relative file path) to the SSL private key on the Quill Extension machine
When you have obtained the information specified above and have placed the files on your machine, you are ready to complete the Installation Steps below.